9.01.2008

sweet finds

yesterday we had a great ride out in morden. tinker tim, jl, james, scott, ger ger, matt (not matt h but a local matt) and myself had great time in the heat, humidity and wind on the lake and trans canada trails. some definte happenings on the lake trail with new lines being marked and going into development soon (i would have some pictures but the new camera is in the shop for repairs) - as if they don't have enough trails. any ways, after the ride we stopped at the world's best trail head shop and i spyed a set of these on james' product board (but in the 9 speed variety). seems like james brought these in for a customer and they were never installed and ended up sitting on the shelf for some time. these were exactly what i was looking for. the plan is to set up the new cross bike with paul thumbie shifters on the top of the handle bars and to do this i needed a pair of bar end shifters. my plan is to run a solid housing from the shifter to the derailleur so i can easily switch from singie to mutli speed without having to remove the bar tape from the handle bars all the time. james gave me a sweet deal and in turn i took them off his hands.

3 comments:

mhandsco said...

I just got a set of those yesterday! What are the odds?

I managed to track down something of a dream bike for me - an old Somerville, MA Merlin mountain bike - that should be arriving in a week or so and a Merlin without thumb shifters is, well, not quite right to me. Thumbies ahoy!

Coach Dave said...

I have a pair sitting in some box somewhere. They always worked, never gave me any problems and had nice clean crisp shifts.

PaddyH said...

I believe there may be a pair(or 2) at Oly as well.